Not to be confused with sangria, the sangaree is essentially a single-serving punch which features rich flavors and colors perfect for a chilly evening. Spiker’s Black Currant shrub contributes deliciously deep, berry-rich flavor to the spirits, and also adds to the depth of color. Sip slowly (this is high proof), and enjoy.
Black Shadow Sangaree
- 2 ounces Tawny Port wine chilled or room temperature
- 1/2 ounce Spiker's Black Currant shrub
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 thin lemon wedge optional
- In a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice, add the dark rum or brandy and the Spiker's Black Currant Shrub. Shake vigorously for approximately 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a Gibson-style glass or martini glass.
- Slowly pour the tawny port into the glass, and gently stir with a bar spoon. If desired, add a tiny squeeze of fresh lemon juice and garnish the glass with a lemon peel twist.