Chocolate and berries are a marriage made in heaven. In this martini, a splash of Spiker’s Raspberry Bergamot Shrub or Black Currant Shrub balances the notes of a chocolate-infused vodka without being cloyingly sweet. Although we don’t ordinarily care for flavored spirits, we make an exception here because the vanilla notes of the vodka provide a richer overall taste. If desired, you can use a regular vodka instead.
Chocolate Berry Shrub Martini
- 1 ounce Vanilla vodka or plain if desired
- 1 ounce Dark Creme de Cacao light is acceptable in a pinch
- 0.75 ounce Amaretto
- 0.5 ounce Spiker's Raspberry Bergamot or Black Currant Shrub
- Powdered cocoa or chocolate syrup for garnish0
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the spirits and shrub and shake about 15-30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- As an optional garnish, before filling the glass dust the rim with powdered cocoa or a drizzle of organic chocolate syrup.