Try different shrub flavors to impart a different flavor profile to your salmon. Our friends and family are partial to Ginger Bite, Pineapple Basil, and Apple Crisp.
Pan-roasted Salmon in Shrub Marinade
- 1/4 cup Spiker's Shrubs Apple Crisp, Ginger Bite, or Pineapple Basil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- sea salt and coarsely ground pepper
- Mix together shrub, thyme, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over salmon and marinate 1 hour on the counter, or 4 hours refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. While oven is heating, remove salmon from marinade and place on a plate. In a small saucepan, heat the marinade and simmer until reduced by half.
- Place salmon skin-side up on a rack placed over a roasting pan or cast-iron skillet lined with foil (for easier clean-up). Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, basting once or twice with the marinade. Salmon should look golden, and white juices should just begin to appear.
- Place salmon on 4 plates. Sprinkle with Marblehead sea salt and ground pepper. (You may leave the crisp skins on, or peel them off and drizzle with more shrub glaze.)