Looking for a recipe for the perfect romantic drink for Valentine’s Day? This is it: the French 75. Crafted with Champagne, gin or cognac, and lemon juice, the cocktail usually includes a splash of simple syrup. But our elegant shrub, Raspberry Bergamot, is a beautiful replacement.
Its deep, cassis-rich raspberry profile brightened with a kiss of tangy bitter bergamot orange truly is “lovely as a summer’s day”, and will give a lovely blush to your drink as well as a delicate berry lilt.
Raspberry French 75 Cocktail
- 1 ounce Spiker's Raspberry Bergamot shrub or try Black Currant
- 2 ounces gin or cognac
- 4 ounces Champagne
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 twists lemon peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, combine the Spiker's Raspberry Bergamot shrub, gin or cognac, and lemon juice. Shake vigorously about 20 seconds (or a bit less if your ingredients are already well-chilled).
- Strain into two chilled Champagne flutes or coupe glasses. Top each glass with approximately 2 ounces of chilled champagne and garnish with a lemon twist.