We love this recipe because it works on salads, chilled or room temperature vegetables and/or grains (farro, barley, etc), and even roasted vegetables (try it on sweet potatoes!).
Our favorite way to use this dressing is with mixed greens, diced tart apples, thinly sliced raw fennel, crumbled chevre, and toasted pecans.
Warm Apple Shrub Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Spiker's Roasted Cinnamon Apple Shrub
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 3 small shallots minced
- 8 slices bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Saute the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels and discard all but 3 tbsp. of the remaining fat. Add the shallots and saute over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the mustard and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat and add the Roasted Cinnamon Apple shrub and olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir with a whisk until the mixture is well blended. Serve warm.